Upcoming TAAD-IAAO Chapter Seminars
◆ LEASED FEE VS. FEE SIMPLE◆
Please make checks payable to TAAD-IAAO Chapter (credit cards not accepted for this event). Registration fees must reflect current membership status.
- When: Friday, October 22, 2021
- Location: Zoom (virtual offering)
- Hours: 9a-12:30p
- CEs: 3.5 hours
- Primary Instructor: Josh Wood, MAI, JD, AI-GRS, Valbridge Property Advisors
- Registration deadline: October 20, 2021
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation fee of $50 deducted; must notify in writing by no later than Oct. 15 for partial refund. No refunds for late cancellations.
- Registration Cost:
- TAAD-IAAO Chapter member $50
- TAAD member district (not chapter member) $75
- TAAD associate/affiliate member $75
- Nonmember $100
This 3.5 hour workshop is designed to help participants understand important areas:
• Ambiguity: Appraisal Institute definition v. legal definition
• What is an encumbrance?
• What is a lease?
Alternative to fee simple: Leased Fee
• Legal definition (Duration, alternative to fee simple: leasehold)
• TARE 15th ed. on the two definitions
• Different purposes of the two definitions (Appraisal Institute: identify
how above / below market rent might impact value; Legal: identify the value of a permanent interest)
• What is a lease? (revisited)
• Real property or personal property?
• Fee simple in condemnation in the unit rule
• Fee simple absolute v. defeasible fee