Agenda for TAAD’s 40th Annual Conference & Trade Show on Appraisal Administration
February 22-25, 2021 ** Virtual Event
Up to 17 CEs! 3 Appraisal Standards & Methodology * 2 Customer Service * 2 Chief Appraiser Ethics * 10 Laws & Rules
(subject to change)
Monday, February 22
- 8-9:15 40th Annual Conference Opening Session — Chad Porter – Overcoming Life’s Obstacles (1 CE/Customer Service)
- 9:15-9:45 Break
- 9:45-10:45 Are you ready to get hacked? Cybersecurity: Top 5 things you can do to protect your office (& personal) – John Romero (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- 10:45-11:45 The Economic Outlook for Residential & Commercial Real Estate Values – Dr. Mark Dotzour (1 CE/App & Meth)
- 11:45-1:30 Lunch Break
Don’t miss your chance to win prizes with the vendors! Must be present to win. We’ll also have a Bingo drawing at the conclusion of the trade show so be sure to visit each vendor to fill out your Bingo card!
- 1:30-2:15 Tyler Technologies (Diamond Sponsor) — Imagine partnering with a pioneer in the industry — a company who has supported appraisal and tax professionals for more than 80 years. As offices combat challenges with budgets, data analysis, workflows, information access, staff productivity and more, we offer solutions and services to connect communities and help achieve efficient, accurate, revenue-generating operations now and in the future. In this new way forward, let us be your guide in delivering fair, equitable, and defendable taxation. tylertech.com/appraisal
- 2:15-2:45 Nearmap (Platinum Sponsor) — Nearmap delivers high-resolution aerial imagery as a service to businesses and government entities across the world, powered by industry-leading geospatial technology. Using its own patented camera systems and processing software, Nearmap captures wide-scale urban and regional areas helping thousands of residential and commercial assessors conduct virtual site visits instantly using our cloud-based imagery platform. With current and historic imagery, assessors can improve operational efficiency, make better-informed decisions, reduce costs, and accurately measure height, width, and area for deep, data-driven insights.
- 2:45-3 Trepp (Gold Sponsor) — Trepp provides tax assessors with the industry’s most comprehensive, easy-to-use, web-based suite of data, analytics, and research. In a single source solution, Trepp assists tax assessors to create mass appraisal models, quantify individual property performance metrics and county-level statistics, and benchmark comparable properties. Powered by the largest available dataset of securitized commercial and multifamily properties and a robust analytics platform, only Trepp provides the parcel level financial data necessary for more accurate and timely assessments.
- 3-3:15 Data Cloud Solutions (Bronze Sponsor) — Enhancing MobileAssessor — Join us as we showcase the entire CAMACloud platform including the add-ons and upgrade modules available for MobileAssessor. We’ll discuss the benefits of each upgrade (Comparable Properties Reporting, Advanced Mapping, Disto Laser Sketching, Class Calculator, Desktop Review, and Data Analyzer + MRA) and how they integrate with mobile data collection. With CAMACloud, the workflow is 100% configurable and all of your property data is automatically synchronized across all modules as well as your CAMA system to ensure data is never stale. Session attendees will be entered into a prize raffle.
- 3:15-3:30 Sanborn Map Company (Bronze Sponsor) — Sanborn is an industry-leading geospatial technology company with a focus on property appraisal solutions. For your assessment needs we offer parcel mapping, building feature extraction, automated change detection, and oblique imagery acquisition. Additionally, Sanborn provides analytical measurement software such as Sanborn Oblique Analyst®, and www.mezurit.com for accurate desktop assessment activities. We look forward to your participation, and we will have a giveaway at the end of the presentation, for an Amazon Gift Card. We hope to ‘see’ you there.
- 3:30-3:45 TrueRoll Homestead Monitoring — We take a modern approach to PROACTIVELY MONITORING your jurisdiction’s HOMESTEAD EXEMPTIONS using data science and automation. We’re on the GovTech top 100 list of 2021, were recently recommended for award by Tarrant County, TX during a public RFP evaluation, and our clients include Walker County TX, Cook County IL, and Williamson County TX.
- 3:45-4 The Master’s Touch, LLC — Eliminate “Return to sender” mail! Receive detailed reports that will help you correct bad addresses and substantially reduce undeliverable Assessment Notices. Avoid the delays and costs of having to fix addresses and re-mail.
- 4-4:30 Harris Govern (Silver Sponsor) — Advancing Technology Today For Tomorrow! – Learn about Business Intelligence and Matix GIS tools as they advance PACS Evolution with Harris Govern.
Tuesday, February 23
- 8-9 Concurrent Sessions:
- Effect of COVID-19 on Valuation of Hotels, Office Buildings, Retail – John Traebold (1 CE/App & Meth)
- Daily Reset: Mindfulness to Reduce Stress & Increase Productivity – Tessa Todd Morgan (No CEs)
- 9-10 Concurrent Sessions:
- Something Stinks! Pollution Control Exemptions (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- Market Approach by Multiple Regression Analysis (1 CE/App & Meth)
- 10-10:30 Break
- 10:30-12 Awards Ceremony with Entertainment by Bob Smiley! – Join TAAD as we salute the winners – the award winners, the graduates of the 2020 Chief Appraiser Institute, and the sponsors, vendors, and groups who support the association. (No CEs) – Awards Ceremony Program
- 12-1 Lunch Break
- 1-2 Concurrent Sessions:
- SB Implementation: What Worked, What Didn’t/Large & Small CADs Compare (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- You’re a Chief Appraiser… Now What? (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
More chances to win prizes! And more trade show Bingo! Must have a completed Bingo card to be entered!
- 2-2:15 Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP (Diamond Sponsor) — Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP is a national law firm dedicated to the collection of delinquent accounts receivable for government. Since 1976, Linebarger has provided customized collection programs and services that allow clients to spend more of their time and limited resources providing the essential services their constituents expect. Join us for a game of Bingo with prizes during our booth!
- 2:15-2:30 EagleView Technologies (Gold Sponsor) — We’re excited for TAAD 2021 and looking forward to catching up with everyone! Please join our virtual booth session for a brief EagleView technology update to hear what we’ve been up to – and most importantly, for a couple of exciting giveaways! Join us for a chance to win a Google Nest Mini…or a Google Nest Hub Max!
- 2:30-2:45 Trepp (Gold Sponsor)
- 2:45-3:15 Harris Govern (Silver Sponsor)
- 3:15-3:30 Sanborn Map Company (Bronze Sponsor)
- 3:30-3:45 Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS) — The Texas County and District Retirement System partners with 253 Texas counties and 545 diverse districts, like water districts, hospital districts, appraisal districts, emergency services districts to provide retirement benefits to Texans. We help our employers compete with the private sector to hire and retain talented staff by providing competitive retirement beneﬁts at affordable rates.
- 3:45-4 Just Appraised Inc.
- 4-4:15 HyperVerge Inc. (Bronze Sponsor) — HyperVerge is a Geospatial-Analytics AI company with high-accuracy, proprietary solution to analyze aerial imagery to detect unpermitted changes, omissions, etc. allowing assessors to conduct fair & equitable assessments in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner. HyperVerge’s technology is trusted by clients such as Riverside County, King County, US Air-Force, & Airbus. Join us for a live demo and get a chance to win an Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home Mini. See you there!
- 4:15-4:30 LexisNexis Risk Solutions (Bronze Sponsor) — LexisNexis Risk Solutions harnesses the power of data and advanced analytics to provide insights that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in Atlanta, George and part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools. We will be doing a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card!
Wednesday, February 24
- 9-10 Virtual Hearings – Adapting to a Changing World (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- 10-11 Changing HR Landscape Amid COVID-19 (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- 11-12 Welcome to Wildlife Appraisal 2021! (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- 12-1:30 Lunch Break
Last but not least day of the trade show! Join vendors for fun and games! And of course more prizes! Bingo drawing happening!
- 1:30-2 Data Cloud Solutions (Bronze Sponsor) — Emerging Geospatial Data & Technologies that are Revolutionizing Property Appraisal — This joint presentation between DCS and Woolpert will expound not only on existing trends and synergies, but also on how emerging data and technologies are revolutionizing property appraisal. New solutions for mobile assessment includes subscription-based orthoimagery and building footprints hosted on STREAM:RASTER, a WMS/WTMS-compliant, cloud-based streaming platform, and the potential for Drone As A Service. Session attendees will be entered into a prize raffle.
- 2-2:15 Certified Payments (Silver Sponsor) — Certified Payments helps government entities vastly improve their revenue collection cycles and save hundreds of thousands in transaction costs via our secure payments gateway. Our PCI compliant platform supports in-person, phone, and online payments, using a service fee model to reduce processing overhead. We enable you to expand payment options for consumers, collect payment faster, and efficiently process common payment tasks that are otherwise a time-consuming burden.
- 2:15-2:30 BIS Consulting (Diamond Sponsor) — Britt & Brandon have monkeyed around before but this year, they’ve truly gone bananas. Instead of one prize, BIS is giving away a whole bunch! They have an a-peeling SEVEN giveaways in FIFTEEN minutes. Make sure and join us for our booth presentation and see what all this monkey business is about!
- 2:30-2:45 Government Capital Corporation — Appraisal District’s can finance ALMOST anything with Government Capital Corporation. We assist with everything from vehicles to new construction! We have financed over 9,000 transactions totally over $4 billion loans for almost 30 years! We enjoy being on the radio unless at the same time slot as the BIS radio show…
- 2:45-3 Trepp (Gold Sponsor)
- 3-3:15 Thomas Y Pickett (Silver Sponsor) — A Complex Appraisal Firm — Welcome to TAAD’s Virtual Conference Experience! Stick around to win the Remington Bronze Statue – Trooper of the Plains!
- 3:15-3:30 Sanborn Map Company (Bronze Sponsor)
- 3:30-3:45 GovEase — GovEase an industry leader in providing online tax sales via our proprietary auction platform that is currently used throughout the states across including our newest Texas customer in Grayson County. We are a software application company focused on building innovative products for State and local governments.
- 3:45-4 Cyclomedia Technology, Inc (Gold Sponsor) — Cyclomedia is an industry leader in High Resolution 360° street-level imagery in accordance with the IAAO standard for Mass Appraisal. With 100 Megapixel resolution, Cyclomedia has integrated with Appraisal CAMA systems across the country. Notable customers in Texas include Harris CAD, Lubbock CAD, Denton CAD, Williamson CAD, and McLennan CAD.
- 4-4:15 TAAD BINGO DRAWINGS!
Thursday, February 25
- 8-9 PVS Update – PTAD Staff (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- 9-10 Nonviolent Conflict & Dispute Resolution – Mark Warren (1 CE/Customer Service)
- 10-11 News from the 87th Legislature – Ross Ramsey (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- 11-12 Diversity & Inclusion – Glen Guyton (1 CE/Laws & Rules)
- 12-1 Lunch Break
- 1-3 Chief Appraiser Ethics (2 CEs/Ethics)