Interested in posting a job opportunity here? Visit our Advertising page for more information.
Customer Service Specialist, Residential Appraiser, and Land/AG Appraiser at Comal AD
Comal Appraisal District is accepting applications for the positions of Customer Service Specialist, Residential Appraiser, and Land/AG Appraiser.
Please refer to www.comalad.org/employment to view job postings.
Requirements: valid Texas Driver’s License, submission of resume and application, prefer Level IV RPA for appraisal positions.
Salary: varies based on education and experience.
Posted June 22, 2022
Deputy Chief Appraiser at Val Verde CAD
General Job Functions
- Works with Chief Appraiser and State Appraiser on property value study in any year the district undergoes a value study.
- Assists Chief Appraiser, Eagle Appraisal and appraisal district attorney with appeal of property value study.
- Assist Chief Appraiser with bi-annual Methods and Assistance Program Standards (MAPS).
- Communicate with elected and administrative officials of funding jurisdictions regarding plans, programs, and objectives of the appraisal district.
- Delegate duties to staff.
Specific Job Functions
- Serves as back up for the financial books which includes paying liabilities, provides monthly financial report to directors, working with auditors on annual audit and works with Chief Appraiser in preparation of future budgets.
- Serves as primary back up for the filing of state reports.
- Attends with the Chief Appraiser all meetings with tax offices, department heads and governing bodies.
- Stays up to date on legislative changes.
- Works in conjunction with other staff members to maintain GIS accuracy.
- Appraise all taxable property within VVCAD at 100% of its market value.
- Analyze property values and sales to determine prevailing market prices on real and personal property.
- Develop and implement procedures that will provide equitable and uniform taxation of property with PACS.
- Present supplemental records and other items for Appraisal Review Board consideration.
- Defend all values against challenges before the Appraisal Review Board.
- Assist field appraisers with data entry and field work when necessary.
Normal work hours are 8a.m. to 5p.m., Monday through Friday. Periodically, it will be necessary for the Deputy Chief to work past five and on weekends.
- Must be versed in Texas Property Tax Law and have a firm understanding of the Texas Property Tax Code. This includes a strong background in mass appraisal and the Texas Property Tax Code.
- Must be able to integrate new legislation handed down from the state level into the appraisal district organizational structure with minimal adversity and at the lease possible cost to taxpayers.
- Must be able to guide and direct staff in meeting mandatory deadlines.
Personal contact with the general public on a daily basis. The Deputy Chief Appraiser at times will address taxpayers and entity representatives in open meetings. Frequent contact with entity and taxpayers over the phone.
Reports directly to the Chief Appraiser.
Education and Experience
Must hold a Registered Professional Appraiser designation. Preferred: Minimum of two years experience as an administrator and proven expertise in areas of appraisals, finance, personnel, purchasing and management. Must maintain RPA designation by attaining yearly CE requirements. Must acquire Certified Chief Appraiser (CCA) designation.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Posted June 14, 2022
Appraiser at Val Verde CAD
Responsibilities include but are not limited to office and field work associated with the appraisal of residential, rural, commercial, and personal properties. Duties also include data collection, inspection, analysis, and application of appropriate valuation approaches and techniques. Appraisers assist with taxpayer inquiries, prepare data and represent the District in the informal and formal protest hearing process.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate
- Must have experience with the use of a personal computer and the Windows operating system.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to perform mathematical tasks associated with appraisal.
- Ability to work effectively with others and the general public.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete educational requirements mandated by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Physical and Mental Abilities:
Must have sufficient mobility to visit property sites that may feature rough terrain and work outdoors in unfavorable weather conditions. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time with ability to reach, bend and move up/down on steps. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. The position requires considerable concentration, creativity, and ability to manage time effectively. It is subject to stress caused by a changing public environment, diversity in the organization, mandatory deadlines, and heavy workload. Requires the ability to operate office equipment and communicate on the telephone and face to face. Requires the ability to ask questions that will bring forth the information needed to make sound decisions.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to:
Posted June 14, 2022
Staff Appraiser at Fannin CAD
The Fannin Central Appraisal District is accepting applications and resumes for the position of Staff Appraiser.
For a complete job description, go to https://fannincad.org/employment-opportunities/
Resumes submitted to:
Director of Personnel & Finance
831 W. State Hwy 56
Bonham, TX 75418
Posted June 3, 2022
Commercial Property Appraiser at Midland CAD
To appraise improved and vacant commercial real property
- Perform commercial property appraisals using Texas guidelines for mass appraising
- Collect and analyze commercial data derived from market place
- Gather data and update appraisal records within the CAMA system
- Review appraisal records for accuracy and completeness
- Keep current with laws and procedures that affect commercial real property
- Explain the appraisal process and value conclusions to owners and tax agents
- Present and defend property values before the Appraisal Review Board
- Assist other appraisers and staff members as required
- Other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor or the chief appraiser
- Registration and annual renewal with Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
- High School certificate with appraisal, real estate or commercial experience
- RPA level III or IV certification with TDLR preferred
- Ability to use complex math calculations
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with others
- Ability to organize and plan work effectively
- Experienced with Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in verbal and written form.
- Possess or can obtain a valid Texas driver license
- Current vehicle insurance meeting or exceeding the minimum requirements
- This position requires, sitting, standing, walking, climbing, driving, prolonged use of a computer, repetitive hand motion, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- This position reports to the Assistant Chief Appraiser as immediate supervisor
- Benefits include: health, dental and vision insurance, retirement, holiday pay plus more
Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to:
Midland Central Appraisal District
P.O. Box 908002
Midland, TX 79708-0002
email: [email protected]
Posted June 3, 2022
Field Appraiser at Chambers CAD
Chambers County Appraisal District is the entity responsible for appraising property in Chambers County for property tax purposes. We are now accepting applications for the position of Field Appraiser. We seek to expand the appraisal team to better serve our rapidly growing county.
As a field appraiser you’ll primarily collect and record data in the field. Your goal will be to provide the accurate information needed to conduct mass appraisal. Your success will benefit the appraisal district, taxpayers, taxing entities and the development of your career.
The Chambers County Appraisal District offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Strong math, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Reliable transportation, valid Texas driver’s license & proof of liability insurance
- Field inspections including physically measuring structures
- Data collection/entry
- Market research/analysis
- Assisting taxpayers
- Completing appraiser certification requirements
Please submit cover letter & resume by June 30, 2022 to:
Posted May 31, 2022
Chief Appraiser at Coke CAD
The Coke Central Appraisal District, located in Robert Lee, Texas is accepting resumes for the position of Chief Appraiser.
Preferred candidates should have, or be working toward, a Registered Professional Appraiser (RPA) designation from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and have experience in all phases of the appraisal district operations.
Other preferred qualifications would include familiarity with the State Comptroller Property Value Study and the MAPS audit.
Salary will be contingent upon qualifications and experience. Candidates are required to disclose salary expectations in their resume. Health Insurance and Retirement Benefits are provided by the district.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Resumes should be submitted to:
Coke Central Appraisal District BOD
PO Box 2
Robert Lee, TX 76945
CCAD is an equal opportunity employer
Posted April 26, 2022 +