The Property Tax Assistance Division (PTAD)
PTAD provides information on property tax issues to taxpayers, property owners, appraisal districts, ARBs, taxing units, other state agencies and the Legislature. PTAD also prepares publications, online videos, webinars and other educational tools. By state law, however, neither PTAD nor the Comptroller’s office have any direct jurisdiction over appraisal districts or ARBs and can only act in a technical assistance role.
- The Property Tax Assistance Division (PTAD)
- Property Tax Code
- Tax Code Deadlines
- Property Tax Laws
- AG Opinions & Court Decisions
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
TDLR is the State’s umbrella occupational regulatory agency, responsible for the regulation of 26 occupations and industries, including Property Tax Professionals. They oversee the licensing and renewal process for Registered Property Appraisers (RPAs) and Registered Tax Assessors and Collectors (RTA/Cs).
- The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR)
- Property Tax Professionals Administrative Rules
- Education required for Licensing (Core Requirements)
- Education required for Renewal (Continuing Education Requirements)
- Check your Core Education status (for those working toward their license)
- Check your Continuing Education status (for those working toward renewal)
Property Tax Education Coalition (PTEC)
PTEC publishes the course materials for the State Courses that are part of the core curriculum for appraisers and assessor/collectors.
- Property Tax Education Coalition (PTEC)
- Calendar of Core Courses offered by providers across the state.
International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO)
IAAO is a nonprofit, educational, and research association. It is a professional membership organization of government assessment officials and others interested in the administration of the property tax. The mission of IAAO is to promote excellence in property appraisal, assessment administration, and property tax policy, through innovative professional development, education, research, and technical assistance.
TAAD offers numerous IAAO classes and workshops, and students may order textbooks directly from the association.