TAAD’s Legislative Committee coordinates the association’s legislative involvement. District directors are encouraged to participate in the legislative process through personal contact with legislators and by community involvement.
During and after each legislative session, TAAD has several ways of keeping our membership informed and involved in the legislative process.
- Access, via our website, to a bill tracking report with up-to-date information on the status of bills relevant to the property tax field.
- Legislative updates sent via the association’s Membercads Email List.
- A 1.5-day Legislative Update Conference, typically in August, covering the outcomes of the legislative session.
- A monthly ZOOM session summarizing the outcomes of the session and fulfilling TDLR’s laws/rules update continuing education requirement.
- An online offering through eStrategies summarizing the outcomes of the session and fulfilling TDLR’s laws/rules update continuing education requirement. 2021 version available now.
For even more details, feel free to visit the Texas Legislature Online.