Agenda for TAAD’s 43rd Annual Conference & Trade Show on Appraisal Administration
February 18-21, 2024 at the Marriott Houston Marquis in Houston, Texas
Please Note: The conference will not be recorded or offered online.
(agenda is tentative and subject to change) (PDF Agenda)
Sunday, February 18
- 2-5pm Conference Registration
Monday, February 19
- 7-8am President’s Breakfast
- 8-9:30am 43rd Annual Conference Opening Session! Keynote: Spencer Tillman
- 9am-5pm Trade Show/Exhibits
- 9:30-11am Grand Opening of the 43rd Annual Trade Show! Join us as we celebrate & honor 2023 President Roland Altinger, enjoy refreshments, fellowship, and prize drawings! Best of all, meet our exhibitors & view their new products/services. Last but not least, get your Bingo card stamped so you’ll be ready for the afternoon drawing!
- 11am-12pm Investing in a Vortex of Government Policy Errors: Dr. Mark Dotzour
- 12:15-1:15pm Members’ Appreciation Lunch with Bob Smiley! There might be a bingo drawing or two… come be entertained by Bob and see if a drawing happens!
- 1:15 -2:15pm Creating Your No-No List: Libby Spears
- 2:15-3:15pm How Your Presentation Skills Improve Your Media Relations: Gail Borden, Benchmark Consultants
- 3:15-4:15pm Break in Trade Show/Exhibits – Refreshments and drawings! drawings! drawing!
- 4:15-5:15pm The Content of Our Character – A Brief Re-Examination of the Stuff We’re Made: Mark Warren
Tuesday, February 20
- 7am-4:30pm Conference Registration
- 7:30-8:30am Rise and Shine Breakfast
- 8am-12pm Trade Show/Exhibits
- 8:30-9:30am Lessons From Utopia: David Cook
- 9:30-10:30am Concurrent Sessions:
- An Overview of the New Arbitration System
- Legislative Update for BODs, Part 1
- Cybersecurity – What the FBI Can Teach You
- 10:30-11:15am Break in Trade Show/Exhibits – Last chance to visit with vendors and maybe win a prize!
- 11:15am-12:15pm Concurrent Sessions:
- Appraisal Topic
- Legislative Update for BODs, Part 2
- Employee Engagement and Retention
- 12:15-1:45pm Annual Awards Luncheon – Join TAAD as we salute the winners – the award winners, the graduates of the 2023 Chief Appraiser Institute, and the sponsors, vendors, and group who support the association.
- 1:30-1:45pm Delegate Assembly
- 1:45-2:45pm Concurrent Sessions:
- Exemptions, Freezes and Circuit Breakers
- BOD Responsibilities 2024: It’s a Whole New World
- Leveraging AI and Technology to Improve Accuracy and Efficiency
- 2:45-3:15pm Break
- 3:15-4:15pm Concurrent Sessions:
- The Fight Against Regressivity
- Succession Plans/Hiring, Retaining a Chief Appraiser
- Post-administrative Appeals, or Appeals in the Electronic Era
- 4:15-5 pm What Would You Do? Welcome to Real-Life Security Issues
Wednesday, February 21
- 8-9am Farewell Breakfast
- 9-10am Appeals in Electronic Age
- 10-11am Welcome to Your Targeted MAP Review
- 11am Adjourn: Farewell, Houston 2024 – Hello, Austin 2025!
Agenda as of November 14, 2023